Missed the premiere episode of Scouted on E! last night? Here’s a run down plus my random thoughts.
1. The show starts off by introducing the creative director Michael Flutie, model mentor Beri Smither, image and style consultant Dani Stahl, director of scouting Julia Samersov and One Management president Scott Lipps.
2. Modeling scouts Page and Kristen snag 15-year old Gillian from Dallax, TX and Jennifer from San Francisco, CA. Gillian looks like she stepped out of an Abercrombie ad. I instantly love her because she’s Southern girl! Jennifer is a gorgeous girl with a great body perfect for modeling and a really cute gapped tooth smile.
2. Page wants to send Gillian straight to New York for a test shoot but Gillian is at risk of being held back from her potential modeling career by family issues, as her father is a cancer patient.
3. We are then introduced to Jennifer and her mom
momager. Jennifer almost doesn’t make it as mom gets defensive in a meeting with Kristen. And Jennifer almost completely blows herself as she FORGETS her look book to her mock model casting call. Boo!
4. Gillian’s father is cleared for travel to NYC. Holler!
5. Kristen breaks the news to Jennifer that she wants to send to her to New York and both ladies are off!
6. In NYC we find out randomly that Jennifer and her family have been homeless at one point.
7. Makeover time!
8. At the test shoot Momager prevents Jennifer from really doing her best. Jennifer rocks an AMAZING yellow dress. Mom
and her eyelashes actually has to leave the room during the shoot. Jennifer does recover and takes some amazing shots. Gillian, acting like a super-model pro, kills the shoot.
9. After some weird close up shots and a sit-down powwow with the team, Jennifer is sent home and Gillian is signed with One Management.
10. In the follow up notes at the end of the show we find out Gillian has been in several magazines such as Allure and Harper’s Baazar and plans to move to NYC. Jennifer is back in California still modeling locally.
Despite some of the weird camera close ups and Jennifer’s wig, I am a fan of the show. Everything is done in a postive light with zero cat fights or competition challenges and it is amazing to see young girls from small towns get discovered and go for their dreams.
Here’s a juicy nugget bonus-scene – Jennifer’s Makeover
Next episode is December 5, 2011. Will you be watching?